NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN PURSUANT TO ARTICLE 7, SECTION 23(C) OF THE LOUISIANA CONSTITUTION AND R.S. 47:1705(B) AND 47:1705.1 THAT A PUBLIC HEARING OF THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OF THE ST. TAMMANY FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT NO. 12 WILL BE HELD AT THE SPECIAL MEETING PLACE, THE ST. TAMMANY PARISH COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 21490 KOOP DRIVE, MANDEVILLE, LOUISIANA 70471 ON THURSDAY, JULY 16, 2020 AT 6:00 P.M. TO CONSIDER LEVYING ADDITIONAL OR INCREASED MILLAGE RATES WITHOUT FURTHER VOTER APPROVAL OR ADOPTING THE ADJUSTED MILLAGE RATES AFTER REASSESSMENT AND ROLLING FORWARD TO RATES NOT TO EXCEED THE PRIOR YEAR’S MAXIMUM. THE ESTIMATED AMOUNT OF TAX REVENUES TO BE COLLECTED IN THE NEXT TAX YEAR FROM THE INCREASED MILLAGE IS $7,345,677.00, AND THE AMOUNT OF INCREASE IN TAXES ATTRIBUTABLE TO THE MILLAGE INCREASE IS $279,134.00.
THE CURRENT BUDGET IS $6,419,267.00.
Pursuant to a call for such, members of the St. Tammany Fire Protection District No. 12 Board of Commissioners will hold its Regular Public Meeting at 5:00 PM on Thursday, June 18, 2020, at the District’s Headquarters, 19375 Hwy 36; Covington, Louisiana.
- Call to Order
- Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Adoption of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes
- Staff Report
- Fire Chief’s Report
- Operations Report
- Fire Prevention/Community Relations Report
- Training Report
- UniFire Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Budget to Actual Report (Chief of Administration)
- Old Business
- Announcement: Tammany Fire Protection District No. 12 will set and levy its millage at a Special Public Meeting to be held immediately following the Special Public Hearing on July 16, 2020, at 6:00 PM, at the Parish Council Chambers, 21490 Koop Drive; Mandeville, Louisiana.
- Executive Session, to discuss pending litigation in the following matters:
- Ray M. Newton vs. St. Tammany Fire Protection District No. 12 et al., 22nd JDC, Docket No. 18-14887, Div. I
- Robert A. Barnett vs. St. Tammany Fire Protection District No. 12 et al., 22nd JDC, Docket No. 2018-15839, Div. B
- New Business